Friday, October 24, 2008

Changing Schedules

I'm going to switch to a Tuesday, Thursday update schedule. I don't feel like I'm doing enough right now to justify three posts a week. I'd rather have two quality posts than three mediocre posts. So you'll see that change next week.

In the mean time:

Saw a doctor yesterday about my depression. It's not the Neuroscience guys, but he's all about non-traditional medicine. I've got to do a saliva test Sunday so he can mail it off Monday. He's in town too, so I don't have to worry about traveling for two hours or not having a doctor I can go to all together.

Learning guitar. I made chord flashcards last night. Just wish I had A) my electric and/or B) an acoustic. I don't like the way my brother's guitar sounds. It's throaty?

I'm writing. Quite a bit. I'm pretty much pounding out a new song every day. I'm really happy with the quality of stuff I'm producing too. It's still a little sophomoric, but it's growing. Funny how skills diminish when they're not being used.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have here a suggestion for you:

Unplug your internet connection. Do not get online, or go outside, or make any attempt to contact anyone, wait quietly in the dark by the phone.

When nobody calls in three days, hang yourself with an electrical cord.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What's up with the first comment? This guy is baring his soul and you shit all over him?

In any case, I recommend that the blog author reads the book "The Feeling Good Handbook" by Burns. It's the real friggin' deal and helped me with my depression. Look into it.